- Canvas from Craft Store
- SS-176 Christmas Red
- SS-138 Flat Black
- MM-102 Copper Metallic
- MM-103 Dark Bronze Metallic
- MM-105 Gold Metallic
- MM-106 Steel Metallic
- MM-202 Green Patina
- MM-305 Rapid Rust
- MM-502 Matte Sealer
- AB-904 #4 Stiff Fan Brush
- AB-708 #8 Round Brush
- AB-703 #3 Round Brush
- Palette knife
- Synthetic Sponge
- MM-600 Spritzer Cap (2)
- 8” x 10” Stretched Canvas
- Black Sharpie
1. Using the AB-904 #4 Stiff Fan Brush, apply one coat of SS-176 Softees Christmas Red to the entire canvas. Let dry.
2. Using the palette knife, apply MM-102 Copper Metallic randomly onto the canvas, allowing some of the red to remain uncovered.
3. Using the palette knife, apply MM-106 Steel Metallic randomly onto the canvas, allowing some of the Christmas Red and Copper Metallic to remain uncovered.
4. While the MM-102 Copper Metallic and MM-106 Steel Metallic are still wet, attach a MM-600 Spritzer Cap to the MM-305 Rapid Rust and randomly spray the canvas.
5. Attach a MM-600 Spritzer Cap to the MM-202 Green Patina and randomly spray the canvas. Let dry.
6. Cut out the gears from the pattern. Place them one at a time onto the canvas and trace around them using a black Sharpie.
7. Draw the rest of the details into the gears using the Sharpie.
8. Using the AB-703 #3 Round Brush, fill in the different sections of the gears using SS-176 Christmas Red, SS-138 Flat Black, MM-103 Dark Bronze Metallic and MM-105 Gold Metallic. Refer to the photo for placement of colors.
9. Load a section of the synthetic sponge with MM-103 Dark Bronze Metallic. Sponge around the edge of the canvas in an up and down pouncing motion.
10. The activators (Rapid Rust and Green Patina) will begin working a few minutes after they've been sprayed onto the Magic Metallics. Give 24 hours to see full effects.
11. Apply one coat of MM-502 Matte Sealer using the AB-904 Stiff Fan Brush over the whole canvas to stop the oxidation process.