Products UsedMold & Slip
- CD4144 - Sun Face Plaque
- SLS01 - Stoneware White Casting Slip
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- SW-305 Cobalt Wash
- SW-211 Glacier Blue
- SW-118 Sea Salt
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-23 Jack O'Lantern
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- CB-106 Script Liner
- AC302 Wax Resist
- Fire bisque to shelf cone 04, and wipe bisque with damp sponge before starting to paint.
- Start using SG-401 Designer Liner to draw in the details of the face.
- Using SW-211 Glacier Blue paint in the color of the eye. Next using SC-16 Cotton Tail to paint the whites of the eyes.
- Using SC-73 Candy Apple Red Paint the lips.
- Using AC-302 Wax Resist carefully mask off the lips eyes and eyebrows.
- Using SW-305 Cobalt Wash, paint the background of the sun, and then with a damp sponge wipe it away leaving the wash only it the low areas of the detail. Next paint two coats of SW- Glacier Blue over the SW-305 Cobalt Wash on the background of the sun. Once the SW-211 Glacier Blue is dry mask off the background of the sun by painting a coat of AC-302 Wax Resist over it.
- Next Using SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-23 Jack O'Lantern, and SC-73 Candy Apple Red, paint and blend a gradient of the three colors on the sun. You will need two coats of each color.
- Once dry, paint a final coat of SW-118 Sea Salt over the piece. Wipe away most of the SW-118 Sea Salt from the waxed Background of the sun, but allow a few beads to remain.
- Fire to cone 6 on medium speed.