- MB-1411 Pencil Bank
- SC-54 Vanilla Dip, SC-74 Hot Tamale, SG-401 Black, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, S-2101 Clear
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Butterfly Paper Punch, paper, paper towels, needle tool
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush on 3 coats of SC-54 Vanilla Dip to the "wood" section of the pencil bank.
- Using BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, dab sections with the following colors: SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, 1 coat.
- Punch out 21 butterflies using a butterfly punch. Wet the paper butterflies in water then place on the sides of the pencil bisque. Press with a paper towel to ensure paper mask is sealed.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush over the sides of the pencil and the tip with 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale.
- Pull off the paper butterflies with a pin or needle, soon after the third coat is applied. *Tweezers work as well.
- Using SG-401 Black, personalize the bank with name at the top.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 1 of S-2101 Clear.
- Fire to cone 05/06.