- Last Updated: Friday, 02 March 2012 16:47
Create this Frog Eye Plate & Mug with Stroke & Coat and Foundations.
- MB-1324 - Plate with Eyes
- MB-1325 - Mug with Eyes
- FN-010 - Tree Green
- SC-6 - Sunkissed
- SC-8 - Just Froggy
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-15 - Cotton Tail
- SC-26 - Green Thumb
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-36 - Irish Luck
- NT-CLR - Clear One Dipping (optional)
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-202 - Detail Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Old Toothbrush
- Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Time: 1½ hours
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 thinned coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the tope side of the plate.
- Apply a wash of SC-26 Green Thumb over the SC-27 Sour Apple.
- Apply a wash of SC-8 Just Froggy around the eyes and to the crevice of the plate.
- Using a old Tooth Brush, spatter the plate with thinned SC-8 Just Froggy.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply spots on the cheeks with 1 coat of thinned SC-36 Irish Luck.
- Remove excess color from the eyes with a damp sponge leaving some of the green in the edges of the eyes. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-202 #2 Detail Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the eye area. Apply 2 thinned coats of SC-36 Irish Luck to the iris of the eye. Apply 1–2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupil of the eye. Add a highlight of SC-16 Cotton Tail. Float some SC-6 Sunkissed in the corners of the eyes.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the eye with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Sketch on the Bee. Using a CB-202 #2 Detail Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed and SC-15 Tuxedo to the stripes of the body and 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the wings. Float the wings with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline and detail the bee, the nose and moth of the frog with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 - 3 coats of FN-010 Tree Green to the back of the plate and inside the mug. Allow to dry.
- Optional: Can be dipped in clear glaze. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.