Anthony Herrera Designs provides the templates - and you have all the fun.
- MB-889 8" Asian Flair Square Plate
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- CG-786 Obsidian
- CG-798 Black Iris
- S-2718 Cosmic Black (optional)
- RB-140 - #8 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Choose a pattern to download. Fold the template three times (in half, in quarters, then eights) so the image appears facing you. Cut the template with scissors - the more intricate patterns will be better cut using an X-acto knife.
- Using a RB-140 #8 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the front of the plate
- Using a RB-140 #8 Soft Fan and a little water dampen the glaze, then press the snowflake into the damp glaze.
- Apply a coat of the color over the snowflake so that the edges are sealed. You don't want any gaps or puckers in the pattern. You can take a paper towel to press down the pattern and absorb some of the excess glaze.
- With a RB-140 #8 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of CG-786 Obsidian over the front of the plate, including the pattern. Be careful not to push the glaze under the paper. Allow to dry until the shine is off the glaze.
- Remove the pattern. The lines should be clean and crisp. If some glaze seeped under the pattern clean up the edges.
- Using a RB-140 #8 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the back of the plate. Allow to dry. Note: Do not clear glaze, it will fire to a glossy finish
- Fire to shelf cone 05/06.
Yoda Technique the application technique is the same for all patterns)
R2D2 Colors - substitute SC-60 Silver Lining for SC-26 Green Thumb, CG-798 Black Iris (or S-2718 Cosmic Black) for CG-786 Obsidian