- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 June 2016 14:02
Add a party horn to the Birthday Plate.
- MB-1140 - Happy Birthday Plate
- FN-006 - Blue FN-007 - Green
- SC-6 - Sunkissed
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-16 - Cotton Tail
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 - Cara-bein Blue
- AC-223 - Large Writer Tip
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-404 - #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place on a piece of aluminum foil the following colors: SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-75 Orange-APeel, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-76 Cara-bein Blue and SC-27 Sour Apple. Place into an oven set at 200 degrees, and dry the color for 30-45 minutes. Remove color from oven and let cool. Remove from the foil and break into very small chips.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-007 Green to the front of the plate and 3 coats of FN-006 Blue to the back of the plate.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace on the horn pattern.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 2 to 3 coats of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the 3 large areas on the horn, and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the mouth piece.
- Fill separate AC-223 Large Writer Tips with SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-76 Cara-bein Blue, SC-6 Sunkissed and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel. Using the listed colors, add streamers to the opening of the horn, and fill in the recessed lettering in the rim of the plate.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the horn with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using both the CB-404 #4 Pointed Round and CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the rim of the plate and the unpainted areas on the horn. While the glaze is wet, sprinkle with the dried color chips. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.