- MB-889 8" Asian Flair Square Plate
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-29 Blue Grass
- SC-32 Bluebeard
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-85 Orkid
- FN-009 Black
- AB-708 #8 Round
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the front of the plate. Apply 3 coats to the back of the plate. This can be done now, or after you have finished the design to speed up the drying process.
- Using the AB-708 #8 Round, with SC-16 Cotton Tail, apply 1 coat of cross hatch brushstrokes to the top of the plate.
- Using a combination of SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-85 Orkid, SC-29 Bluegrass, and SC-45 My Blue Heaven add the shading. Use SC-33 Fruit of the Vine and SC-29 Bluegrass from the outside of the plate working in and adding SC-85 Orkid and SC-45 My Blue Heaven towards the center of the plate and around where the trees will be. Allow to dry.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace the design onto the plate.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, fill in the trees using 3 coats of each color. The tree on the left side with SC-26 Green Thumb, the tree on the right side with SC-74 Hot Tamale, and the middle tree with SC-32 Bluebeard.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, fill in the stars using 2-3 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed. Add the trunks on the trees using 2-3 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail and SC-74 Hot Tamale.
- Add the ornaments in a design of your choice and using any of the colors listed above once the trees are dry. Apply 2 coats of each color used.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the trees, ornaments, and stars loosely using SC-15 Tuxedo
- Don’t forget to paint the back of the plate if you have not already done so.
- Allow the plate dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.