SB-118 12” Stoneware Platter
- SG-401 Designer Liner Black
- SG-403 Designer Liner Red
- SG-404 Designer Liner Blue
- SG-405 Designer Liner Green
- SG-408 Designer Liner Orange
- SW-132 Mirror Black
- SW-124 Matte Maycoshino
- SW-212 Peacock
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Transfer pattern onto the platter using Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil Using SG-401 Designer Liner Black, draw over the lines of the design on the plate.
- Using the other colors of Designer Liner, fill in the small shapes in the design according to the photo.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-132 Mirror Black to the back of the platter, making sure to leave the very bottom and the foot of the plate unglazed.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-132 Mirror Black to the outer rim of the front of the platter.
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SW-124 Matte Maycoshino over the entire sun design.
- Using the SB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-212 Peacock to the rest of the front of the plate. Use the CB-106 Script Liner to get into the tight areas.
- Wipe off any excess glaze from the foot of the plate with a damp sponge. Do not stilt or hang over the edge of the kiln shelf.
- Fire to cone 5/6.