- SB-133 Stein
- SW-001 Stoneware Clear
- SW-144 Lava Rock
- UG-31 Chocolate
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-106 #6 Script Liner
- DSS-148 Large Sea Life Silkscreen
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- ST-133 Woodgrain Stamp
- Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe the bisque to remove any dust.
- Using Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with UG-31 Chocolate making sure to tap off excess glaze. Too much color will result in a blurred, messy image. Apply the color to the ST-133 Woodgrain, while it is laying flat on the table. Turn the stamp over onto the desired area and press down; make sure not to rub back and forth or this will cause a double image. Repeat until the center section of the stein is covered in the stamp.
- Once the stamping has been completed, put some SG-401 Black Designer Liner out on a plate. Sprinkle some AC-310 Silkscreen Medium onto the glaze and mix with a palette knife until the mixture is about the consistency of peanut butter.
- Take the “Dad” screen from the DSS-130 Graceful Script set. Lay the screen flat onto the stein and rub the screening mixture through the screen. Remove the screen and wash immediately.
- Using a Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-144 Lava Rock to the inside, handle, and rims of the stein.
- Apply 2 coats of SW-001 Stoneware Clear to the center section of the stein.
- Wipe any excess glaze off the bottom of the piece.
- Let dry completely.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.