- MB-1451 Heart Box
- SC-1 Pink-A- Boo, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cottontail, SC-39 Army Surplus, SC-79 It’s Sage, SC-95 Pinky Swear, SG-402 White, UG-52 Silver Grey, UG-198 Dark Grey, C-300 Matte Transparent, FN-024 Gray, FN-301 Marshmallow White, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner, CB-202 Detail Liner, CB-404 Pointed Round, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Pencil, Scissors, Clean Up Tool, Tile/Pallet, Plastic Cup
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- In a plastic cup mix well 2 parts UG-52 Silver Grey, 1 part UG-198 Dark Grey and 1 part C-300 Matt Transparent.
- Cut out the 5 major flowers from the pattern. Try not to destroy the remaining pattern. Position the main pattern with the cut out areas and lightly draw the outlines for positioning of the flowers. Wet the backs of the flowers with water and place them in their spots according to the pattern creating a stencil. Make sure the edges of the flowers are secure to the bisque.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan loaded with the underglaze mixture to apply 3 coats to the lid of the box. Once the last coat of color has been applied and the glossy sheen is gone, remove the flower cut outs from the pattern using a Clean Up Tool. If the color has dried completely, remoisten the area with water or with another coat of the underglaze mixture. This will prevent chipping of the edges of the stencils in removal process.
- Apply 3-4 coats of FN-301 Marshmallow White to the five flowers using CB-404 Pointed Round. Let dry.
- Using CB-404 Pointed Round paint in some swatches of color to the five flowers centers using SC-95 Pinky Swear and SC-6 Sunkissed. Colors can overlap but do not completely cover the white matte glaze.
- Thin some SC-15 Tuxedo to a watery ink consistency and paint in the flowers detail lines. Keep this color weak and faint as to not overpower the pattern.
- Transfer the pattern back onto the ware using AC-230 Clay Carbon and a pencil.
- Use CB-202 Detail Liner to apply 3 coats of SC-79 It’s Sage to the areas noted leaves and stems on the pattern. Apply 3 coats of SC-39 Army Surplus darkened with a drop or two of SC-15 Tuxedo and paint in the rose leaves and stems on the buds.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-16 Cottontail to the flower buds and some of the smaller flowers in the pattern. Paint in some of the other smaller flowers with SC-1 Pink-A- Boo. Dot in the centers of the white small flowers with SC-1 Pink-A- Boo and the SC-6 Sunkissed to the pink small flowers.
- Shake and stir SD-402 White. Paint in the lattice portion of the pattern; flowers and scrolls/leaves. Using CB-110 Liner to apply one coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing over the Detail Liner flowers, scrolls and leaves. Try not to get the clear glaze on the background areas. Fill in the lattice leaves with 2 coats of Clear Glaze.
- Using SD-402 White to paint in the dots in the background of the pattern. Randomly apply the dots to fill in the area trying not to do a poke-a- dot pattern. The dots are meant to add interest and be a part of the design. The key is to be random in their placement.
- To the inside of the box and lid apply 3 coats of FN-024 Grey using CB-604 Soft Fan.
- To the outside of the box bottom apply 3-4 coats of FN-301 Marshmallow White using CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Stilt both the lid and the box and fire to Shelf Cone 05-06.