Products UsedMolds & Slip
- CD620 Frog-Large Wall Climber
- CD645 Frog Medium Wall Climber
- SLS01 - Stoneware White Casting Slip
- SW140 Black Matte
- SW159 Blue Matte
- SW161 Yellow Matte
- SW163 Soft Red Matte
- SW118 Sea Salt
- CB604 Soft Fan
- CB106 Script Liner
- Circle Template
- Casting Instructions: Casting Instructions
- Begin by casting CD620 and CD645 using SLS01 - Stoneware White Casting Slip (download Casting Instructions for reference).
- Soft Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Using a circle template, lightly pencil in a variety of circles on the surface of the frogs.
- Using a CB106 Script-Liner fill in all the circles with 2-3 coats of SW140 Matte Black.
- Once the SW140 Matte Black is completely dry, using a CB604 Soft Fan, brush on 2-3 coats of SW163 Soft Red Matte of the top half of the frog (except the eyes) and SW159 Blue Matte over the bottom half of the frog, and blending the two colors in the middle.
- Once all of the glazes have completely dried, then paint 1-2 coats of SW118 Sea Salt over the entire surface with exception to the eyes.
- On the eyes use black designer liner to outline the eyes and create the pupil, and then paint 1-2 coats of SW161 Yellow matte over the rest of the eye.
- Fire to cone 6.