- Creative Paradise Mold - 4712 Frog Welcome
- FN-229 Iced Mocha
- UG-34 Chestnut Brown
- UG-58 Harvest Gold
- UG-91 True Teal
- UG-218 Pear Green
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- SG-408 Orange Designer Liner
- SG-411 Purple Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Plastic Cup
- Begin with properly cleaned Greenware using a Clean Up Tool and Green Grit Pad to remove the seam lines and any imperfections. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe greenware to remove any dust.
- Using the Pointed Round or Liner to apply 3 coats of UG-218 Pear Green to the frogs excluding the eyes
- Apply 3 coats of UG-58 Harvest Gold to eyes with the Liner. Detail pupils with SG-401 Black.
- Detail the sides of the stomach areas with dots and small circles using SG-411 Purple with dots of SG-408 Orange in the center of the purple circles.
- Fire to Shelf Cone 04-05.
- In a plastic cup, mix some UG-91 True Teal and UG-34 Chestnut Brown in separate cups with 1 part color to 1 part water (1:1 ratio) to create a “Wash”. Using the Pointed Round and the Soft Fan to apply the wash to the wood area of the piece. Let dry for a few minutes. Use a moistened Sponge to wipe off the excess color for an Antiquing effect. Use the sponge to wipe across the crevices and not with the crevice to leave the color in the recesses of the detail. Rinse the sponge as often as needed in clean water. Color should be even and not overly heavy in one area and not the other. The highlights of the detail should be clean and crisp in appearance. Repeat the same process with the Teal color over the Frogs. Allow the color to dry before glazing.
Apply 3 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing over the frogs using the PointedRound, Liner or Soft Fan. Do not over brush the first coat of color.
- Apply 3 coats of FN-229 Iced Mocha to the wood areas of the piece using a brush sized for the area being painted. Do not over brush the first coat of color.
- Stilt and fire the piece to Shelf Cone 05-06.