- MB-1358 Gourd
CD1147 Chubby Gourd
- FN-304 Black Velvet
- EL-209 Night Sky
- EL-110 Mudslide
- PC-601 Clear Cascade
- PC-602 White Cascade
- CC-108 China Sea
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- CB-110 Liner
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Pencil in lines for the mountain range at the bottom of the gourd, pencil lines for the river (China Sea) on the gourd.
- Brush the mountain range with three coats of EL-110 Mudslide, the river with 4 coats of CC-108 China Sea, and the remainder of the gourd with three coats of EL-209 Night Sky. Overlap Night Sky two coats onto the China Sea, and about 1/2 inch over the Mudslide.
- Plop PC-601 Clear Cascade over the Night Sky and top 2" of Mudslide, leave spaces between the plops. Plop White Cascade over the Night Sky, leave spaces, and just the top section of the Mudslide. These colors will cause the colors to move, so staggered coats are important.
- Vein with SC-15 Tuxedo, using CB-110 Liner, on the Night Sky and Mudslide areas. Brush the stem with three coats of FN-304 Black Velvet.
- Fire to cone 06.
- Give the gourd a day at least to let the cracks develop in the China Sea area, thin slightly a Black Acrylic brush over the crackle, wipe off excess.