- CD-1406 Top Hat
- FN-304 Black Velvet
- FN-004 Red
- SG-302 Snowfall
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- AC-223 Large Writer Tip Kit
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- CB-106 Script Liner
- Palette knife
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- In wet greenware, cut out the Happy Holiday words, pattern from the internet.
- Fire to cone 04.
- Tape over the words on the outside of the hat with painters tape, thin slightly FN-004 Red, pour to the inside of the hat, turn to coat, pour out the excess color, drain.
- Remove the tape, check the lettering, add more of the FN-004 Red to the letters if needed, wipe off excess color.
- Brush on 4 coats of FN-304 Black Velvet to the entire hat, take care not to get the glaze into the lettering. Use CB-604 Soft Fan and CB-106 Script Liner.
- When dry, tape off one inch at the brim of the hat for the hat band. Brush with one coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail and 3 Coats of FN-004 Red. Wrap a two or three-inch candle with paper, set it on the top middle of the hat.
- Use a palette knife to apply SG-302 Snowfall around the candle covering the top of the hat, place SG-302 Snowfall into the plastic bottle (use a palette knife) cut the plastic tip to enlarge, squeeze Snowfall to drip onto the sides of the hat, to mimic snow or melting wax from the candle.
- Remove the paper wrapped candle when the glaze is nearly dry.
- Fire to cone 06.