Accents add definition as well as structure to this design..
- DT-661 - 6" Unglazed Tiles
- CG-756NT - Firecracker
- S-2708 - Oriental Carmel
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-36 - Irish Luck
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SA-002 - Black Accents
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace or sketch on the pattern.
- Pipe the outline of the pattern with SA-002 Black.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of S-2708 Oriental Carmel to the background of the peony and 1 coat on the flower and the leaves. Leave the stamens unglazed.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale on the flower petals, except for the very top petal where you should apply 2 coats of CG-756 Firecracker.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner, puddle a coat of CG-756 Firecracker on the stamens .
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the leaves and the stem with SC-36 Irish Luck shading with SC-27 Sour Apple. Apply 2 coats.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-15 Tuxedo over the SA-002 Black Accent to clean it up.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.