- Last Updated: Tuesday, 24 May 2016 16:02
- MB-1353 8"x10" Clay Canvas
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-65 Per-twinkle
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- CB-602 #2 Soft Fan
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0104 Chevron
- DSS-0113 Bugs
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- MC-002 1/2" Low Tack Masking Tape
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using scissors, cut out the selected monogram letter from the provided pattern.
- With a pencil, outline the letter on the MB-1353 8"x10" Clay Canvas.
- Using CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-65 Peri-twinkle to fill in the letter. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats. Let dry to the touch.
- Brush water to the paper letter cut out. Align and stick the paper letter to the painted area. Press with a paper towel, to remove gaps in the edges and to remove excess water.
- Tape off 1/2 inch at the bottom of the canvas.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the entire exterior of MB-1353 8"x10" Clay Canvas.
- Remove the paper and the tape, let dry.
- Using CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the previously taped off area at the bottom of the bisque.
- Using a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Use bugs from DSS-0113 Bugs to fill in the monogram. Place the DSS-0113 Bugs screen, grain side up, within the letter. Using a rib, rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo mixture over the screen. Wash gently in water, lay flat to dry. Repeat with various bug images to fill in the letter.
- Using the larger chevron pattern from DSS-0104 Chevron, repeat the process from above to screen the pattern at the top of the MB-1353 8"x10" Clay Canvas bisque using the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo mixture. Allow to dry.
- With CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear to the entire canvas. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06/05.