- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 June 2016 13:58
- MB-1353 8"x10" Clay Canvas
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
Designer: Adena Griffith
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil, transfer the pattern onto the bisque. The numbers are identifying the color of that area, therefore they do not need to be transferred.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the sides of the MB-1353 8"x10" Clay Canvas.
- Referring to the pattern for glaze coloring, use a CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply 2-3 coats of each color. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats. You will use SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, and SC-27 Sour Apple for the portrait.
- Add a drop of water to SC-15 Tuxedo and with the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, draw the outlines of the portrait. Be sure not to water down the glaze too much.
- Using the same CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, create dots for the eyes using SC-11 Blue Yonder.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06/05.