- Last Updated: Tuesday, 24 May 2016 16:02
- MB-1352 8"x10" Clay Canvas
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- SG-401 Black
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0116 Stylized
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque tile. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Cut out the shape of the face and hand from the silhouette pattern, we will be using the negative shape from the cut out.
- With a pencil, trace around the shapes on the MB-1352 Clay Canvas.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 3-4 coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven, SLIGHTLY past the pencil lines.
- Trim around the negative cut out shape of the paper for a one inch border. Brush water on the canvas on the negative space. Align and press the paper onto the canvas.
- Press with paper towel to press the paper to stick.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the face and hand with three coats of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral to the head and hand, going over the edges of the paper. Remove the paper after third coat has lost its shine.
- When dry, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on a palette using a palette knife to a peanut butter-like consistency.
- Lay the DSSS-0116 Stylized screen, grain side up, aligning the dandelion directly over the hand on the canvas. Then, using your finger, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Screen more of the single seeds, floating down the canvas.
- Using AC-30 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil, transfer the lettering to the top of the canvas. Outline with SG-401 Black.
- Using Cb-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 1 coat of S-2101 Clear or dip into clear.
- Fire to cone 06.