- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 17:51
- 6"x 6" Tile
- FN-001 White, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, SC-97 Cant-elope, FN-208 Crystal Coral, SG-401 Black
- Swirl stencil, AC-211 Sm Sponge on a Stick, AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Pencil, Scissors, Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 2 coats of FN-001 White to the tile.
- With scissors, cut out 1 cat shapes from the pattern. Lay the paper cat pattern on the glazed tile, lift the edges of the paper, brush with water, then lay the paper into the glaze, sealing the edge (*to act as a mask). Pat with a paper towel.
- Lay the swirl stencil over the tile. Using AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick, pounce SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral into the stencil design.
- Remove the stencil and the paper cat.
- Pencil on the face details, or trace the pattern with AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, brush 1 coat of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the iris.
- Using SG-401 Black, draw in the remaining detail of the face. To outline the iris, use the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner with SG-401 Black to apply.
- Use AC-211 Small Sponge on a Stick to make dots with the color provided on the tail and body of the cat.
- Use SG-401 Black to dot around the body, tail, eyes and centers of dots on the cat.
- When dry, using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 2 coats of FN-208 Crystal Coral to the cat.
- Fire to cone 06/05.