- Last Updated: Tuesday, 24 May 2016 16:01
- MB-1353 8"x10" Canvas
- SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-75 Orange A Peel, SG-402 White, NT-Clear Dipping
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Ruler, Pencil, Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace the pattern onto the clay canvas.
- Refer to the picture for color placement. Start with SC-6 Sunkissed on the right side of the sound hole. Add SC-16 Cotton Tail to stroke next to the sound hole for a highlight. As you work down the right side, add SC-75 Orange A Peel to the brush leave the brush strokes show. Add in SC-97 Cant-elope to the lower edge, then a spot of SC-11 Blue Yonder. Use CB-106 Script Liner, 2-3 Coats.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo on the left side of the guitar, just past the strings. Brush SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the area under the strings, and brush into the Tuxedo area as pictured, let the brush strokes show. Apply 1 heavy coat over the Tuxedo, and 2-3 coats of the Candy Apple Red, brush the red into the Orange A Peel.
- Brush 3 coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder on the edge around the guitar, with CB-106 #6 Script Liner.
- Brush the bridge and the fret board with 2 to 3 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Brush the side of the guitar with 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo. Brush in streaks of SC-75 Orange A Peel and SC-33 Fruit of the Vine with a spot of SC-6 Sunkissed at the bottom edge. Use CB-106 Script Liner.
- Brush the background and sides with 3 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo, leaving a narrow space of bisque on the side of the guitar. Use CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- For the sound hole, start with SC-33 Fruit of the Vine in a circular direction, add some SC-11 Blue Yonder and fade to SC-15 Tuxedo, 2-3 Coats.
- Brush SC-73 Candy Apple Red around the sound hole, add in SC-16 Cotton Tail to your brush on the last coat for a highlight. 2-3 coats.
- When dry, pencil in the strings, hold the ruler against the pencil lines. Use SG-401 White to mark the lines, also use the SG-401 White to outline the bridge, edge of guitar, and circular lines around the sound hole.
- Dip in NT CLR. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.