- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 17:04
- MB-1353 8" x10" Clay Canvas
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-34 Down To Earth
- SC-76 Cara-bein Blue
- SC-86 Old Lace
- SC-87 Ruby Slippers
- SC-92 Cafe Ole'
- NC-CLR or S-2101 Clear Glaze
- DSS-0126 Global Travel
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- 1/2" Tape
- 1/4" TZape
- Shop Paper Towel
- 2" Foam Roller
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- With CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush on one coat of SC-86 Old Lace to the top of the canvas.
- Wet the shop paper towel, squeeze out excess water, open and lay flat. Squeeze SC-86 Old Lace onto the paper towel, squeeze a small amount of SC-92 Cafe Ole' in small squirts evenly on the paper towel. Fold the towel in half, then open and fold in the opposite direction. Open the towel - the glaze should cover the surface of the towel. It it does not, apply more glaze. Open the towel and place over the canvas. With a dry foam roller, roll the back of the towel.
- Remove the towel, roll over the wet color with the dry foam roller, this will remove the top layer of wet glaze, revealing the mottled Old Lace underneath for a distressed look. Let dry.
- Once dry, use AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper to trace the pattern onto the canvas. It is best to use a ruler for the straight lines.
- Use 1/4" and 1/2" tape to mask out the light stripe sections of the flag. Use the pattern as a guide for the placement of the stripes.
- Use the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply three even coats of SC-87 Ruby Slippers to the red sections of the flag.
- Use the sam brush to apply two coats of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the blue sections. Fade this color to SC-12 Moody Blue at the edges.
- Pour some SC-34 Down To Earth on a palette, drag a feather through the glaze, brush the feather onto the flag for a distressed look.
- Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the Big Ben and various travel stamps from DSS-0126 Global Travel silscreen to screen on the flag. To screen: hold the screen with the shiny side down, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Remove and wash the screen.
- Use the CB-604 Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the sides and space at the bottom of the flag.
- Dip info NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or apply one of S-2101 Clear Brushig Glaze.
- Fire to cone 05/06.