- Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 May 2016 17:36
- MB-1353 8"x10" Clay Canvas
- FN-001 White
- FN-009 Black
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- AC-213 Sponge on a Stick, Large
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-408 #8 Round
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- ST-344 Paisley Stamp
- 'Words to Live By Stencil' from Stencil Girl Products (L209) http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/Words-To-Live-By-Stencil-p/l209.htm
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-001 White to the front of MB-1353 8” x 10” Clay Canvas bisque.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-009 Black to the sides and back of MB-1353 8” x 10” Clay Canvas bisque.
- Fold the paper heart pattern in half, down the center of the heart. Cut out the heart, saving the paper around the heart in addition to the heart itself.
- Dip the paper heart in water and adhere it to the center of the front of the canvas. Be sure to smooth out any air bubbles and ensure no edges are sticking up.
- Position the 'Words to Live By' Stencil on top of the canvas and use the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick to apply one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo over the entire front. Use an up and down dabbing motion to apply the glaze. Remove Stencil and paper heart.
- Using the CB-408 #8 Round brush, double load the brush with SC-74 Hot Tamale and SC-73 Candy Apple Red and apply 3 coats to the heart.
- Position the paper from around the heart pattern on top of the canvas, letting the painted heart show through the cut out. You’ll use this as a mask so you don’t stamp outside of the heart.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-16 Cotton Tail, tap the glaze onto the ST-344 Paisley Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the masked heart. Repeat as desired.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.