- Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 May 2016 17:53
- MB-1352 8"x10" canvas
- SC-2 Melon-Choly, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-23 Jack O'Lantern, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-65 Peri-Twinkle, SC-91 Seabreeze, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- DSS-0119 Dogs, DSS-0120 Cats, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, SL-441 Spots Stencil, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- Pencil, Palette, Palette knife, Food Coloring, Paper, 2" Foam Roller (purchase from Lowes)
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On the Clay Canvas, pencil in a grass line. Holding a piece of paper over the grass to mask, place Spots Stencil over the sky area. Using a soft foam roller, apply SC-91 Seabreeze using light pressure, rolling in different directions (this will prevent glaze bleeding under the stencil).
- Continue with the stencil to finish the sky area.
- Using #4 Soft Fan, brush a thinned, even coat of SC-26 Green Thumb over the grass area.
- Using a piece of paper as a mask, block out the sky. With the foam roller, apply SC-26 Green Thumb over the Spots Stencil using light pressure on the grass area.
- With your Clay Carbon paper and a pen, trace 3 dogs and the cat on your canvas. It is important to make sure you are tracing right on the black line! DO not go to the outside of the line or the inside of the line, but right on the line.
- Using #6 Script Liner, brush 1 coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the cat to block out the background colors. Brush 1 coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail over the areas of the dogs that over lap on the grass.
- Using #10/0 Mini Liner, brush 2 coats of SC-2 Melon-Choly to the tongues of both dogs.
- Using a Script Liner, brush the left dog with 2 coats of SC-65 Peri-Twinkle and the right dog with 2 coats of SC-77 Glo-Worm.
- Using a Script Liner, brush the middle dog with 2 coats of SC-23 Jack O'Lantern.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Realign the cat screen from DSS-120 Cats with the shiny side down on the canvas. With your finger, rub the thickened SC-Tuxedo over the screen. Remove and gently clean.
- With a pencil, draw on the hat. Using 10/0 Mini Liner, brush 2 coats of SC-65 Peri-Twinkle over the hat. The flowers are SC-23 Jack O'Lantern with SC-77 Glo-Worm centers, outlined with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Repeat the process for the dogs. Easier to screen the left and right dogs, then continuing with the middle dog.
- Let dry.
- Using a Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing or dip in clear.
- Silt and fire to cone 05/06.