- Last Updated: Friday, 20 July 2018 17:39
- MB-1478 12"x12" Clay Canvas
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-76 Orange-A-Peel
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- SL-440 Twirls Stencil
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Old credit card or hotel room key
- 2" Foam Roller
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Cut out the shape of the vase from the pattern. Place the corner of the vase 3/4" from the bottom edge, trace around the shape. Use the CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the shape. When dry, wet the area with water and place the paper vase onto the space. Smooth out the wrinkles in the paper and ensure edges are sealed.
3. Place SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-12 Moody Blue and SC-26 Green Thumb on a tile.
4. Using mostly SC-12 Moody Blue and some Blue Yonder, pick up color with the card / room key. Hold the card almost flat against the canvas and drag on the color from the card. Pull the color straight down. Pick up more color on the card as needed. Add SC-26 Green Thumb to the Moody Blue in a few spots. Apply two coats with the card keeping it lighter at the top with more of the Blue Yonder. Keep it darker towards the bottom. Add SC-15 Tuxedo to the card to shade around the vase.
5. Remove the paper.
6. Place the Twirls Stencil in place at the top of the vase cut out and hold flat. Use the squeegee to fill the stencil with SG-501 Sculpting Medium. Roll over the Sculpting Medium with SC-73 Candy Apple Red. Use the Script Liner to apply SC-75 Orange-A-Peel in some areas of the twirls. Remove the stencil. Continue to use Sculpting Medium with the stencil to fill in the area as shown. A few twirls are added on top of other twirls to add dimension.
7. Use the Script Liner to brush into the vase with SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-11 Blue Yonder and thinned SC-26 Green Thumb in watery strokes. Use the same brush with thinned SC-73 Candy Apple Red to stroke in places for reflection of the flowers. Use the CB-110 #10/0 Liner and SC-12 Moody Blue, SC-73 Candy Apple Red and SC-15 Tuxedo to apply strokes of color to create the stems. Shade around the first row of twirls with SC-26 Green Thumb and SC-15 Tuxedo.
8. Brush in and around some of the twirls with SC-26 Green Thumb to represent leaves. Brush the center of the twirls with one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo, to represent centers of flowers.
9. Fire to cone 06.