- Last Updated: Monday, 25 March 2019 17:11
- MB-1352 6"x 6" Clay Canvas
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-23 Jack O'Lantern
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- FN-001 White
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0142 Hipster
- Palette Knife
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush apply two coats of FN-001 White to the top and sides of the canvas.
3. Cut out the pattern provided. Place it on the canvas and trace the lines of the image. After tracing the pattern, use the soft fan brush and wet the glaze with water. Now place the pattern into the damp glaze and press down with a paper towel. The paper towel helps seal the paper down and removes excess moisture.
4. Using the Soft Fan, apply another coat of FN-001 White. It is okay to get glaze on the edges of the paper, but do not paint over the entire owl image. Place the lace into the wet glaze then brush another coat of White over the lace. Make a fold with the lace at the corners so it will lay flat. By applying the coat of glaze over the lace it seals down the lace and keeps the next layer of color from seeping underneath. This will give you a crisp lace image.
5. After about 5 minutes, remove excess glaze with a paper towel.
6. When the shine is gone from the FN-001 White, use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the lace. Always wait until the shine is off the glaze before applying a second coat.
7. When the gloss leaves the second coat of SC-15 Tuxedo remove the lace and the paper. This process can be done with any color combination you like (not just black and white).
8. Using the CB-106 #6 Script Liner apply two coats of SC-24 Dandelion around the eyes and nose.
9. Apply SC-23 Jack O'Lantern to the rest of the owl's feathers.
10. Paint the beak with two coats of SC-14 Java Bean.
11. Apply two coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the tie.
12. Place SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. if the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen. For tips on creating the mixture watch the Silkscreening video on the Mayco YouTube channel.
13. Line up the Owl silkscreen with the owl you just painted. Place it shiny side down, hold in place and then apply the thickened Stroke & Coat. Once screened, remove the silkscreen and place it in water to soak for easier cleaning.
14. Use the CB-110 #10/0 Liner to apply a coat of SC-15 Tuxedo over the eye glasses.
13. Dry foot or evenly stilt and fire to cone 05/06.