- Last Updated: Thursday, 04 May 2017 15:59
- MB-1352 6" x 6" Clay Canvas
- FN-001 White
- EL-128 Wheat
- SC-5 Tiger Tail
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Eyelash Yarn
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of FN-001 White.
3. Cut out the mushroom pattern. Brush water onto the space where you want the mushroom design. Place the paper pattern onto the piece, then use a paper towel to remove excess water, smooth out any wrinkles and ensure the edges are sealed.
4. Apply another coat of FN-001 White. While the glaze is wet, place the eyelash yarn around the mushrooms shape and press into the glaze. Apply another coat of the white glaze over the yarn. After it dries and the yarn has adhered to the canvas, press with a paper towel to remove excess glaze.
5. When the gloss leaves the glaze, use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of EL-128 Wheat.
6. When the gloss leaves the glaze, remove the yarn and the paper.
7. Pencil in the lines of the mushrooms from the pattern.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the mushroom caps. When dry, use the Liner or Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the spots.
9. Use the Liner to add shading under the caps with SC-5 Tiger Tail. Use tiny dots of Tiger Tail to enhance the shadow areas.
10. Use the Liner to outline the design with SC-15 Tuxedo.
11. Fire to cone 06.