- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 18:00
- MB-1352 6 x 6 Clay Canvas
- FN-008 Brown
- EL-128 Wheat
- EL-130 Sea Green
- EL-131 Turtle Shell
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- AC-302 Wax Resist
- CB-106 Script Liner
- CB-110 Liner
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- AC-320 Clay Carbon Paper
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply three coats of FN-008 Brown to the canvas, front and sides.
- Using the AC-320 Clay Carbon Paper trace on the pattern. Clay carbon paper will not transfer if the glaze is wet or damp.
- Use the CB-110 Liner just the AC-302 Wax Resist to outline the cactus and the lines in the body of the cactus. Basically, any line drawn from the pattern is outlined with the Wax Resist.
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner apply 2 1/2 coats of EL-130 Sea Green to the cactus. The 1/2 coat is one coat down the center of the cactus.
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner apply two coats of EL-131 Turtle Shell to the small pieces of the cactus.
- When the shine is off the glaze, use the same brush and apply 1-2 coats of SC-27 Sour Apple over the EL-131 Turtle Shell. Just on the small sections of the cactus.
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner apply 2 coats of EL-128 Wheat to the background and sides of the canvas.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.