- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 17:50
- MB-1410 Button Box
- CC-101 Transparent Crackle
- SG-401 Black
- SS-138 Flat Black
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0116 Stylized
- Palette Knife
- Copper Wire - 16 gauge
- Wire Cutters
- Download: Silkscreen Instructions
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On a palette and with a palette knife, mix SG-401 Black with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to thicken to a peanut butter consistency.
- Using the bird image on DSS-0116 Stylized, rub the thickened SG-401 Black mixture through the screen, grain side up, and screen around the outer rim of the lid. Two screenings can be made before washing the screen, it may be necessary to rub harder on the second time screening.
- Tip: Review the Silkscreen Instructions for further instructions and how to properly clean the screen for future use.
- Using the swirl image on DSS-0116 Stylized, screen image to fill in between the birds.
- Using SG-401 Black, outline the indented circle on the lid and draw lines across the inner section.
- Also apply lines with SG-401 Black on the box bottom, from the lip edge to the bottom of the box in different angles.
- Allow the Black Designer Liner to dry.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-101 Transparent Crackle to the entire piece, including the interior of MB-1410 Button Box.
- Clean glaze from the button holes before firing.
- Stilt both lid and box and fire to shelf cone 06/05.
- After fired and settled for a couple days, slightly thin SS-138 Flat Black with water (1:1).
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush over the box with thinned SS-138 Flat Black.
- Wipe off the excess with paper towel, leaving the SS-138 Flat Black in the cracks.
- Thread and attach copper wire (16 gauge) through the holes in the lid.