- Last Updated: Monday, 15 December 2014 21:04
- MB-885 Great Shape Vase
- FN-002 Yellow
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-96 Aqu-ward
- SG-407 Yellow
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0116 Stylized
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- Hamper Netting (or lace)
- Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the top section of MB-885 Great Shape Vase. Apply an additional coat of Tuxedo, while glaze is wet, lay in the hamper netting (or lace), you will have to dart it to get it to fit. Fill in the separated areas with small pieces of the netting.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply an additional coat of Tuxedo over the netting to eliminate gaps. Let semi-dry.
- Using a squeegee, apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium over the netting so it is even with the top of the netting fabric. As soon as it loses its gloss, apply one coat of SG-407 Yellow over the SG-501 Sculpting Medium.
- Remove the lace. If some of the yellow dots break off, use the SG-407 Yellow to reapply any dots.
- Remove all SG-501 Sculpting Medium from the lower section of the vase.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-97 Aqu-ward to the lower section of the vase. Let dry.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Use the tree and the separate scrolls from DSS-0116 Stylized. Place the screen, grain side up, on the vase then rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo over the screen with a squeegee.
- Using the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo, screen the scrolls as a border around the edge above the tree.
- If desired, screen three birds from DSS-0116 Stylized screen are on the reversed side of the vase.
- Using SG-407 Yellow, dot into the center of the scrolls of the tree and the border. Allow to fully dry.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Clear to the outside of the vase
- Slightly thin FN-002 Yellow with water (3:1). Pour thinned mixture the inside the vase, turn to coat, and drain excess.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.