- Last Updated: Wednesday, 26 August 2015 20:20
- MB-1433 Doorknob Box
- FN-004 Red, SC-15 Tuxedo, El-119 Burnished Steel, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- DSS-125 Steampunk, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-604 Soft Fan, CB-105 Script Liner
- Palette Knife, Tile or Palette
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust. You will use the MB-1433 Doorknob box.
- Apply three coats of FN-004 Red to the inside of the box and the bottom of the lid using the CB-604 Soft Fan brush.
- Apply three coats of EL-119 Burnished Steel to the doorknob and edge of the top of the box using the CB-105 Script Liner.
- You will use the clock screen from the DSS-125 Steampunk silkscreen page to decorate the lid and sides of the box.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of think peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer for more color saturation.
- Position the screen on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJNO
- Apply a coat of FN-004 Red to the hands of the clock on the front of the box using the CB-105 Script Liner.
- Apply two coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing glaze once the screened images have completely dried using the CB-604 Soft Fan brush. Be sure to glaze the bottom of the box.
- Silt and fire to cone 06.