- Last Updated: Wednesday, 05 August 2015 14:56
- MB-1426 Lg. Penquin
- SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-97 Cant elope, SC-75 Orange A Peel, SG-404 Blue, S-2101 Clear, SG-402 White
- DSS-100 Nautical, DSS-102 Sea Life, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-106 Script Liner, CB-110 Liner, CB-604 Soft Fan, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette Knife, food coloring
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Trace on the pattern of the waves to the right side of the penguin with AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium of if too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer Liner for more color satuation.
- Using the ship screen from DSS-100 Nautical, place the screen shiny side down on a tilt, on top of the waves you've traced. Rub your finger with the thickened Tuxedo over the screen, remove and clean the screen with water. Do not discard the remaining Tuxedo mixture.
- Screen the anchor at the bottom left, the compass under the ship, and the rope across the top.
- Use SG-404 Blue to make small dots on the wave pattern with CB-106 Script Liner.
- Using AC-230 Carbon Paper trace sections of the wave pattern to fill in around the compass and anchor at the bottom. Repeat step #6 on waves.
- Place some S-2101 Clear on a palette or tie and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knfe mix color and medium to the cosistency of thick peanut butter. Add any color food coloring to intensify. You will be screening the clown fish with the dyed clear mixture to be able to see where you will be brushing the color.
- Screen part of the clown fish so they look like they are swimming out from the waves. Using the clown fish screen, align the fish so it looks like it is swiming out of the waves. Rub your finger with the thickened and colored Clear over the screen, remove and clean the screen with water.
- Using a CB-106 Script Liner, brush two coats on the orange sections of the fish with SC-75 Orange A Peel.
- When dry, screen again with with clown fish screen from DSS-102 Sea Life with the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo, take care to only screen the section of the fish that is needed.
- You may need to add a few more dots of SG-404 Blue to overlap part of the fish.
- Using a CB-106 Script Liner, brush two coats of SC-97 Cant elope under the bill of the penguin.
- Pencil a line between the white and black areas, and brush two coats of FN-009 Black to the black area use both CB-106 Script Liner and CB-604 Soft Fan for the large areas. Feet are two coats of FN-009 Black, and the eye is black with a couple of white dots using SG-402 White.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, clear glaze one coat on the entire piece, and another coat on the screened white bisque area.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.