- Last Updated: Friday, 10 May 2019 15:07
- MB-1445 Finial Jar Small
- EL-139 Nectar
- EL-120 Black Ice
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- DSS-0129 Stylized 2
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-601 Soft Fan
- CB-106 Script Liner
- palette knife
- Remove Dust with a damp sponge on 04 bisque.
- Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Use a palette knife on a tile to mix.
- Use a pencil to mark lines to section the jar into eights, first mark in half, fourths, then eights. Use a banding wheel to mark horizontal lines one inch apart. These lines will be used for screen placement.
- Use the border screen for the vertical lines, for this screen use the shiny side up so the screen can be used multiple times before cleaning. Line the screen up to the pencil line, rub the thickened mixture over the screen. If it is too dark and loses the detail, add more of the medium to thicken.
- Screen the small square to center on the horizontal line, I used the shiny side down, to get the best detail.
- Continue on the base.
- Brush EL-120 Black Ice to the tip, lid, and rings at the base, three coats, this is a moving glaze, so the last coat, recede 1/2 inch. Use CB-604 Soft Fan and CB-106 Script Liner.
- Brush the remaining area of the jar with three coats of EL-139 Nectar in brush strokes in different directions as it is a transparent glaze. Use CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Brush three coats of EL-120 Black Ice to the inside with CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Fire to cone 06.