- Last Updated: Thursday, 22 June 2017 15:46
- MB-1477 Faceted Owl
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SG-408 Brown Designer Liner
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-202 #2 Detail
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Blue Paper Shop Towels
- 2" Foam Roller
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust
2. Wet a blue shop towel, squeeze out the excess water and lay flat on a surface. Squeeze loops of SC-16 Cotton Tail onto the paper towel. Fill in with SC-25 Crackerjack Brown using 1/4 as much as the Cotton Tail.
3. Fold the towel in half press together, then open, if some of the surface has missing color, fill in with more SC-16 Cotton Tail. Press the paper towel to the owl. Roll over with a foam roller to transfer the color to the bisque.
4. Remove the paper towel, roll over the color with a clean, dry foam roller to reveal the color beneath the top layer.
5. Repeat to finish the owl.
6. For the log base, add more of the SC-25 Crackerjack Brown to the paper towel to darken the area. Let dry.
7. Use the Detail Brush to outline the facets with SG-408 Brown.
8. Use the Liner to paint the eyes with SC-15 Tuxedo. Lighten the Tuxedo with water to create gray for the iris.
9. Dip into NT-CLR or use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear.
10. Fire to cone 05/06.