- Last Updated: Friday, 10 May 2019 14:49
- CD-1444 Large Finial Jar Mold
- CD-1445 Small Finial Jar Mold
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- SG-408 Orange Designer Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Shredded Paper
- Jute - Small
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Small Finial Jar: Brush on two coats of SC-75 Orange A Peel to the lid, body of jar and base, exclude the nob, and middle rings at the base. Brush on a third coat of SC-75 Orange A Peel in sections, so the glaze will remain wet as the shredded paper is applied, press in the paper in rows, leaving small spaces between the paper, press down any gaps in the paper.
- Brush on two coats of SC-12 Moody Blue over the SC-75 Orange A Peel, remove the paper after the second coat loses its gloss. Brush the middle rings and nob with three coats of SC-12 Moody Blue, use CB-106 Script Liner. Let dry.
- Use SG-408 Orange to outline the rings and nob over the Moody Blue.
- Use S-2101 Clear Glaze inside, thinned and poured, and one coat brushed on the outside.
- Large Finial Jar: Brush on two coats of SC-75 Orange A Peel with CB-604 Soft Fan, brush on a third coat in sections so it remains wet as the jute is applied, apply the jute in spiral lines, the spacing in your preference. Apply another coat of SC-75 Orange A Peel around the jute to seal the edges.
- Brush on two coat of SC-12 Moody Blue over the jute areas, and three coats on the top nob. Pull off the jute as the last coat loses its gloss.
- Follow step 5 to finish.
- Fire to cone 05/06.