- Last Updated: Wednesday, 05 April 2017 20:13
- MB-1449 Flamingo Mug
- FN-007 Green, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-32 Bluebeard, SC-88 Tu Tu Tango, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, DSS-00138 Flowers 2, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-007 Green to the ouside of the mug, avoiding the handle.
- Place some SC-32 Bluebeard on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium of if too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen.
- Using the lotus from DSS-0138 Flowers 2, place the screan shiny side down lining up with the bottom of the mug, take some of the thicken Bluebeard mixture and rub onto the screen. Remove the screen and repeat all around the bottom (after a few screenings you may want to rinse and dry the screen to avoid buildup which will affect the integrity of the screened image).
- Repeat this process around the top of the mug only usuing the top section of the screen.
- Use a sponge to wipe off any glaze you may have gotten on the flamingo.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral to the flamingo's body. apply 2 coats of SC-16 COtton Tail to the eye, beak, and legs.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to the lines, pupil, and beak on the flamingo.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to the inside of the mug.
- Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.