- Last Updated: Monday, 30 April 2018 16:38
MB-1407 Whale Mug (2)
- FN-006 Blue
- S-2718 Cosmic Black
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- S-2101 Clear
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Small Cup
Designer: Marcia Roullard
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin FN-006 Blue, pour inside the mug, turn to coat, pour out the excess glaze and drain.
- Pencil in a larger eye on the whale.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-31 The Blues to the whale.
- Use the Soft Fan and Script Liner to apply two coats of S-2718 Cosmic Black. Do not glaze the eye or the underbelly.
- Outline the eye and underbelly with SC-15 Tuxedo and fill in the pupil wiht the Liner.
- Into a cup, add 1 Tbs of SC-12 Moody Blue and 2 Tbs of water, two drops of liquid soap. This recipe may be doubled if the cup is a bit larger. Blow bubbles with the straw into the mixture. When the bubbles exceed the top of the cup, press the mug to the bubbles covering the background of the mug. It is ok if the bubbles get on the whale.
- Apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the background, whale's eye and belly.
Whale with Netting:
- Follow steps 2 and 3 in the directions above.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue to the whale's body
- Use the Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo to outline eye and fill in the pupil.
- Apply two coats of S-2718 Cosmic Black over the SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue.
- Cut a section of cheesecloth to fit the mug. Wet the cheesecloth and place it on a flat surface. Alter the pattern of the cheesecloth to open the fibers with your fingers. Dip the cloth into SC-12 Moody Blue, squeeze out the excess glaze, open the cheesecloth and lay across the mug. Press with a paper towel to transfer the pattern to the mug.
- Apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the background of the mug, whale's eye and belly.
2. Fire to cone 06.