- MB-1447 Crab Mug
- FN-036 Grape
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- NTBR Clear One Brushing Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-036 Grape, pour inside the mug, turn to coat, pour out the excess glaze and drain.
3. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the tips of the claws. Apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the remainder of the claws, overlapping the colors. Apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the bottom of the crab's shell.
4. Apply three coats of SC-13 Grapel to the crab's legs, arms and the middle section of the crab's body. Apply SC-33 Fruit of the Vine to the sides of the crab's body, overlapping two of the coats over the Grapel. This will allow the center of the body to be a brighter purple and the sides a deeper purple.
5. Outline the detail on the crab's body with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tuxedo is brushed between the spaces in the claws, eyes are Tuxedo, use CB-110 Liner.
6. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of NTBR Clear One Brushing Glaze to the outside of the mug.
7. Fire to cone 06.