- Last Updated: Thursday, 12 July 2018 16:09
- MB-115 Jumbo Cappuccino Mug (2)
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2101 Clear
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Cotton Crocheted Doily
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. For the mug that is primarily SC-97 Cant-elope, use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail on the outside of the mug.
3. Apply another coat of Cotton Tail. While the glaze is wet, place the doily on the mug and apply one more coat of Cotton Tail so that any gaps between the doily and the mug are gone. You can find cotton doilies at antique shops. Try those that are made of cotton and have open spaces.
4. Press a paper towel over the doily to absorb excess glaze and to speed up the drying.
5. When the glaze has lost it's gloss, use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-97 Cantelope over the outside of the mug.
6. Remove the doily after the glaze has started to dry to avoid chipping.
7. Sponge off excess glaze from the rim and inside of the mug.
8. Dip into NT-CLR or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear on the outside of the mug and two coats on the inside of the mug.
8. For the primarily white mug, reverse the colors on the outside of the mug and apply three coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the inside of the mug with CB-604 Soft Fan.
9. Fire to cone 06.