- Last Updated: Friday, 23 March 2012 19:11
A touch of France for your french roast!
- MB-122 - Venti Latte Cupe
- FN-001 - White
- FN-009 - Black
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-63 - Popeye's Favorite
- SC-82 - Tuscan Red
- SC-84 - Dee John
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-116 - Floral Flourish
- Paper Towel
- Small Cup
- Fleur-de-lis Shape on Copy Paper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the mug and roll around to completely coat the interior of the mug. Drain out the excess glaze and keep mug inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-001 White to the outside of the mug.
- Cut out a fleur-de-lis shape from paper. Wet and place shape on the glazed mug. Finger press the shape, then press with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Sponge on SC-84 Dee John to the top and thinned SC-63 Popeye's Favorite to the lower section of the mug, intermingling the two colors together and sponging the color over the paper.
- Thin SC-82 Tuscan Red, and using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, sporadically brush the red around the mug as an accent color.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto the ST-116 Floral Flourish Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the piece. Stamp the entire surface, stamping over the paper. Allow to dry.
- Remove the paper fleur-de-lis.
- Following the shape of the fleur-de-lis and using a CB-106 #6 Liner, brush with thinned SC-82 Tuscan Red, and add in some SC-84 Dee John. Let the brush strokes show.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the fleru-de-lis with thinned SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Thin SC-15 Tuxedo and shade the fleur-de-lis.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2-3 Coats of FN-009 Black to the handle of the mug.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.