- Last Updated: Friday, 23 March 2012 19:23
Create this lovely blue tree in the style of Clarice Cliff by using Stroke & Coat.
- MB-135 - Asian Flair Mug
- FN-006 - Blue
- FN-014 - Antique White
- SC-12 - Moody Blue
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-30 - Blue Dawn
- SC-36 - Irish Luck
- SC-41 - Brown Cow
- SC-52 - Toad-ily Green
- SC-65 - Peri-Twinkle
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-406 - #6 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-014 Antique White to the outside edge of the mug. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-006 Blue to the inside and handle of the mug. Allow to dry.
- Either trace the pattern using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil or free hand sketch it onto the outside of the MB-135 Asian Flair Mug.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner and CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-12 Moody Blue (dark), SC-30 Blue Dawn (medium) and SC-65 Peri-Twinkle (light) to the tree tops in a random pattern. Try not to get the same color next to each other.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply a light wash of SC-52 Toad-ily Green to the bottom section of grass. You can go all over the base of the tree too. This can be painted over later. Make the brush wetter to create a wash effect, but not too wet so it doesn't run. Allow to dry.
- Using SC-36 Irish Luck apply 1 coat to the grass at the base of the tree trunk.
- Using a CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, apply 1 coat of SC-41 Brown Cow for the path.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, fill in the main part of the tree trunk with 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using SC-15 Tuxedo and CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 1 coat and outline all of the design. Allow to dry.
- Apply clear glaze of choice. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.