- Last Updated: Monday, 28 August 2017 13:48
- MB-1116 Casualware Dinner Plate
- EL-125 Sahara Sands
- FN-009 Black
- FN-39 Light Gray
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-35 Gray Hare
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-302 Wax Resist
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of FN-39 Light Gray to the front of the plate.
3. Use a pen or pencil and the Clay Carbon Paper to trace the light bulb design onto the plate.
4. Starting on the outside, working your way toward the light bulb, use the sponge to apply two layers of SC-35 Gray Hare onto the plate. The color should fade as you get closer to the bulb
5. Use the Liner and Script Liner to apply SC-97 Cant-elope to the filament, SC-16 to create the shine of the bulb and SC-15 Tuxedo to the hardware of the bulb. Once dry, condition a brush and apply a coat of AC-302 Wax Resist over these details.
6. Slightly thin SC-15 Tuxedo with water and use the Liner to outline the bulb and various parts of the filament.
7. Starting in the center of the bulb sponge three coats of EL-125 Sahara Sands making sure each coat recedes with each layer from the edge to create a gradient "glow". Don’t take this all the way to the edge, but rather fade it into the SC-35 Gray Hare that you applied previously.
8. Use the sponge to apply one or two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the edge of the plate to create a gradient.
9. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-009 Black to the back of the plate.
10. Fire to cone 06.