- Last Updated: Monday, 26 March 2018 15:32
- MB1116 Casualware Dinner Plate
- EL132 Rust Red
- SC7 Leapin’ Lizard
- SC43 Lettuce Alone
- SC93 Honeydew List
- SG401 Black Designer Liner
- SG407 Yellow Designer Liner
- SG408 Orange Designer Liner
- AC230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB106 #6 Script Liner
- CB110 #10/0 Liner
- CB604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT910 Synthetic Sponge
- Plastic Card
- Pattern: Download
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Trace pattern onto the plate using Clay Carbon and a pencil. Cut out the pattern.
- Use the plastic card to apply two coats of the following colors to the cactus (color will go beyond the pencil lines): SC-7 Leapin’ Lizard, SC-43 Lettuce Alone and SC-93 Honeydew List.
- Wet the paper cactus and press into the traced area.
- Use the end of a brush or sgraffito tool to scrape excess green from outside the pencil lines. Scrape to the bare bisque and allow some color to remain. Follow the shape of the cactus when scraping.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of EL-132 Rust Red to the front of the plate. Remove paper.
- Add detail to the cactus with the following colors: SG-401 Black Designer Liner, SG-407 Yellow Designer Liner and SG-408 Orange Designer Liner.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of EL-132 Rust Red to the back of the plate.
- Fire to cone 06.