- MB-1406 Top Hat
- FN-004 Red
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- SC-87 Ruby Slippers
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- S-2101 Clear
- FN-304 Black Velvet
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- DSS-106 Winter/Holiday
- DSS-107 Season's Greetings
- Palette Knife
- Download: Silkscreen Instructions
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Pencil a line around the inside of the hat brim as a guide, brush three coats of FN-004 Red on the inside of the hat with CB-604 soft fan.
- Measuring 1 1/2 inches from the bottom, tape off an 1 3/4 inch (approximately) band around the bisque for a guide.
- Mixing to the consistency of peanut butter, use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium with SC-87 Ruby Slippers to thicken using a palette knife.
- Select chosen graphics (i.e. candles, bells, and part of the ornament) from DSS-106 Winter/Holiday and DSS-107 Season's Greetings to screen onto band section. With the grain side up, screen graphics by rubbing the thickened Ruby Slippers color over the screen. Remove screen and clean.
- Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as above, screen text from DSS-107 Season's Greetings in various areas of band section. The Tuxedo color will appear well over the Ruby Slippers color.
- When dry, brush banded area with two coats of S-2101 Clear using the CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Remove tape guidelines.
- When dry, tape to cover and protect band, brush the hat and rim with three coats of FN-304 Black Velvet with CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Fire to cone 06.