- MB-1358 Gourd
- MB-1406 Top Hat
- SC-14 Dandelion
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-001 White
- FN-009 Black
- SG-302 Snowfall
- SG-401 Black
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- CB-602 #2 Soft Fan
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Pencil or Watercolor Marker
Designer: Tim McPherson
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the MB-1358 Gourd.
- With a pencil, mark off a 2" band on the hat, and to the remaining areas (including rim of hat) using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- Using a BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, pounce a mildly heavy coat of SG-302 Snowfall to the top of the MB-1406 Top Hat as well as its rim.
- Using a BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, pounce on 2 coats of SG-302 Snowfall to the MB-1358 Gourd.
- With a pencil, sketch on a corncob pipe and facial features.
- Using the CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-24 Dandelion to the corncob pipe, and shade the edges with SC-97 Cant-elope.
- Using the CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to the button nose.
- Using the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, outline the nose and pipe with SC-15 Tuxedo, and add the eyes and mouth.
- Add lettering to the hatband using SG-401 Designer Liner Black and allow to dry.
- Using the CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2010 Crystal Clear Brushing to the band area on the hat, being careful not to smear the lettering.
- Place the hat onto the gourd.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.