- Creative Paradise Stand-Up Mold #GM-39
- SG-401 Black, SG-402 White, SG-403 Red, SG-404 Blue, SG-405 Green, SG-407 Yellow, SG-408 Orange, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Opal Amazon Green glass, Opal Dark Green Glass, Lemongrass Opal Glass, Celadon Green Opal Glass, Orange Glass, Yellow Glass, Light Blue Glass, Vienna Spirit glass, Clear Irid Glass, Clear Glass, Crystal Opal Red Glass, DSS-0103 Flourishes, DSS-0106 Winter/Holiday, DSS-0107 Season's Greetings, DSS-0111 Botanical (Leaves), DSS-0116 Stylized
- Pallet Knife, Pallet, Ring Saw, Firing Paper, Rubber Cement, Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, Light table, Bisque tile, Firing paper
- Download: Pattern
- Cut out #1 tree pattern leaving about a ¼ inch space around the black line of the pattern. Brush Rubber Cement onto the glass covering enough area to accommodate the pattern. Place large tree pattern on Opal Amazon Green glass and press all around making sure the pattern has made complete contact to the glass. Brush rubber cement over the paper pattern. The rubber cement acts as a barrier so that when you cut the tree out with your ring saw the pattern will not wash away. Allow the rubber cement to set up and dry. When the rubber cement is dry, cut out the tree using your ring saw.
- Repeat step one only use #2 tree pattern with Opal Dark Green Glass.
- Repeat step one only use #3 tree pattern with Lemongrass Opal Glass.
- Repeat step one only use #4 tree pattern with Celadon Green Opal Glass.
- Cut out tree trunks of all four trees by tracing them onto Crystal Opal Red Glass and cutting with a pistol grip glass cutter.
- Cut all four stars out using same process as step one. Colors for stars are; Orange, Yellow, Light blue, and Vienna spirit glass.
- Using step one, place a second set of the pattern pieces on clear glass and cut with ring saw.
- Clean all cut glass with warm soapy water and dry.
- Mix all colors with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using the information in step #10.
- Place some Color on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of sour cream. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Designer Liner. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out. Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9tyeJN0
- Tree #1. Silkscreen pine needles onto the Opal Amazon Green glass from Silkscreen DSS-0111 Botanical Leaves using SG-405 Green Designer Liner. No need to wash screen in-between screening.
- Add dots to simulate ornaments using the handle of the brush using SG-403 Red, SG-404 Blue, SG-408 Orange to tree #1.
- Using SG-407 Yellow, add garland dots starting at the top working your way down. Allow to dry
- Tree #2. Using DSS-0107 Season’s Greeting Silkscreen, the tree one, silkscreen SG-402 White to the Opal Dark Green Glass only use the screen shiny side up to make a darker impression on the glass. Allow to dry.
- Tree #3. Using DSS-0103 Flourishes, silkscreen SG-401 Black with one of the smaller flourishes to simulate garland on the Lemongrass Opal glass. Screen small balls simulating ornaments using DSS-0116 Stylized silkscreen in SG-403 Red and SG-404 Blue.
- Tree #4. Screen SG-401 Black using the tree from DSS-106 Winter Holiday Silkscreen over the Celadon Green Opal glass. Add SG-403 Red dots to simulate ornaments. Allow to dry.
- Place corresponding clear glass over all the pieces and fire them disassembled on firing paper to a full fuse.
- Place firing paper over the pattern for placement of the stand-up mold. Trace pattern onto the firing paper using a light table to make a placement template for your trees.
- Place trees assembled together on firing paper. #1 tree will hang over slightly.
- Tack fuse pieces together.
- Clean glass and place on Creative Paradise Stand up Mold # 39 and do a slump fuse. Because the #1 tree hangs over slightly, use the bisque tile with firing paper on it to accommodate for the parts that hang over.
Please remember that any "generic" schedule is meant as a starting point. Your project, your kiln and your desired results are all variables that will likely be reasons to adjust this schedule. Remember to fuse and anneal for the thickest part of the glass.
Full Fuse used on this piece:
Tac Fuse used on this piece:
Slump Fuse used on this piece: