- MB-1124 Travel Tumbler
- FN-031 Cornflower Blue
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing or NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0107 Season's Greetings
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin and pour FN-31 Cornflower Blue to the inside of the mug.
- You will be using the reindeer screen from DSS-0107 Season's Greetings for the project in parts.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer liner for more color saturation
- Position the reindeer screen on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center moving outward, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the scree
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJN0
- Pencil in lines to look like mountains behind the reindeer and around the mug.
- For the background of the reindeer you will use the CB-106 Script Liner brush with SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-30 Blue Dawn, and SC-33 Fruit of the Vine. Float the colors along the pencil lines.
- Once the screened image is completely dry, use the Liner brush with SC-15 Tuxedo to outline the reindeer. You may first want to dip the brush into water before running it through the SC-15 Tuxedo to outline.
- Use the thickened Tuxedo mixture to screen the words "Season's Greetings" above the reindeer.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear brushing glaze to the outside of the mug. Alternatively, you may dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.