- Last Updated: Monday, 10 September 2012 19:55
Clever and useful, part II.
- CD-1147 - Chubby Gourd
- FN-004 - Red
- FN-009 - Black
- SC-3 - Wine About It
- SC-5 - Tiger Tail
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-34 - Down to Earth
- SC-42 - Butter Me Up
- SC-52 - Toad-ily Green
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-366 - Fruit Blossoms
- ST-367 - Leafy Border
- Exacto Knife
- Small Plastic Cup
- Moist Clay
- Cast the CD-1147 Chubby Gourd on the heavy side.
- After removing from the mold, cut a piece of clay to plug up the bottom of the gourd.
- Lightly pencil on the opening shape on the gourd.
- Using an Exacto Knife, cut the opening for the box. Cut open the gourd holding the blade of the knife at an angle.
- Allow to throughly dry.
- Clean the greenware in the usual manner. Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream.
- Pour this into the gourd box and roll around to completely coat the interior of the gourd box. Drain out the excess glaze and keep both parts of the box inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-004 Red to the outside of the gourd box. Alllow to dry.
- With a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-5 Tiger Tail, brushing in some SC-52 Toad-ily Green over the FN-004 Red glaze.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto the ST-366 Fruit Blossoms Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the lower section of the gourd box.
- Next, tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto the ST-367 Leafy Border Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the upper section of the gourd box. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-52 Toad-ily Green and some SC-27 Sour Apple to the leaves. Stroke the flower petals with SC-42 Butter Me Up.
- Thin SC-3 Wine About It for the flower centers. Brush the stem with 3 coats of SC-34 Down to Earth. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.