- MB-131 Large Oval Platter
- SC-10 Teal Next Time
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-41 Brown Cow
- SC-40 Blueberry Hill
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-001 White
- SG-401 Black
- SG-402 White
- NT-CLR Dipping
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Scissors, Pencil
- Download: Pattern (Print 2 copies)
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Cut out the pattern on the turkey, minus the legs. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of FN-001 White to the area where you will put the turkey. When glaze is dry, brush with water then place the paper turkey on the wet glaze. Press with a paper towel to remove water and to ensure the edges are sealed. This will act as a mask for the background color.
- With the Soft Fan, apply SC-24 Dandelion to the botttom half of the plate, adding SC-97 Cant-elope to he brush to fading the color to the top of the plate. Repeat for three coats. On the third coat, while the glaze is wet, add a brushstroke of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the upper center of the plate.
- Remove the paper and let dry.
- Place the turkey pattern over the turkey area and use AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper to transfer the pattern.
- Use the Liner to outline the wings with a heavy coat of SC-97 Cant-elope. Use the Script Liner, apply three coats of SC-41 Brown Cow to the turkey's body. Use the Pointed Round with SC-14 Java Bean to create small feathers by pressing with the tip of the brush.
- Use the Liner to apply two coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the beak, cone and waddle. Apply two coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the legs and feet.
- Brush the solid feathers in the tail with SC-88 Tu Tu Tango, shaded with SC-97 Cant-elope, and for some feathers with SC-74 Hot Tamale.
- For the striped feathers, use the Pointed Round to apply one coat of the various Stroke and Coat colors listed above.
- Use the SG-402 White to put in the center spine of the feathers.
- Use the Liner or metal tip to outline the bird and feathers with SG-401 Black. Outline around all the colors in the tail feathers and the eye of the turkey.
- Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.