- Last Updated: Wednesday, 26 November 2014 14:11
- SB-118 12" Oval Platter
- SG-401 Black
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- SW-001 Stoneware Clear
- SW-111 Wrought Iron
- UG-501 White
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0109 Aviary - Large Birds
- DSS-0112 Flowers
- Palette Knife
- Gel Food Coloring
- Download: Silkscreen Instructions
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Add a color of gel food coloring to UG-501 White to tint. On a palette, mix the tinted UG-501 White with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to thicken to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Using the peacock from DSS-0109 Aviary - Large Birds, align the image in the center of the plate, grain side up. For color placement, rub the tinted, thickened UG-501 White mixture over the image to screen onto SB-118 12" Oval Platter.
- Using flowers from DSS-0112 Flowers, align the flower image on the border of the platter, as shown. Using the same tinted, thickened UG-501 White mixture, screen flowers along the platter boarder.
- Note: It may be necessary to clean the screen in-between screening. Refer to the Silkscreen Instructions for further information.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SG-407 Yellow mixed with SG-408 Orange for the center of the flowers. Apply 1 coats of SG-408 Orange to the remainder of the flower.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SG-409 Bright Green to the stems and leaves.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SG-410 Bright Blue to the peacock "eyes of the feathers" and the remainder of the tail feathers brush 1 coat SG-409 Bright Green.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 1 coat of SG-410 Bright Blue to the peacock's body.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, mix SG-401 Black with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to thicken to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Align the peacock image from DSS-0109 Aviary - Large Birds, grain side up, with the painted peacock. Rub the thickened SG-401 Black mixture over the screen.
- Allow to dry.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-111 Wrought Iron to the back of the platter.
- Clean off the excess glaze on the feet of the platter.
- Fire to cone 6.