- Last Updated: Monday, 08 May 2017 20:15
- SB-105 Stoneware Dinner Plate
- SB-104 Stoneware Salad Plate
- SB-116 Stoneware Flared Mug
- SB-128 Stoneware Teapot
- SW-124 Matte Maycoshino
- SW-201 Turquoise
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0108 Aviary-Small Birds
- DSS-0110 Trees
- DSS-0111 Botanical Leaves
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette Knife
- Banding Wheel
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use the banding wheel to pencil borders on the plates, 2" on the dinner plate, 1 1/2" on the salad plate.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SG-401 Black with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Use the birds and leaf screen from DSS-0108 Birds and DSS-0111 Leaves to screen with the grain side up by rubbing the thickened Black mixture over the screen onto the border of the dinner plate.
- For the salad plate, choose a tree from DSS-0110 Trees to screen in the middle of the plate.
- Screen the small trees from DSS-0110 Trees and the grasses from the same screen on the lower section of the Mug.
- On the teapot, screen various leaves from DSS-0111 Leaves to the body of the Teapot, leaving a 1" boarder at the top of the pot. (Refer to image for silkscreen placement)
- Wipe off screened images that may have screen past the pencil edge.
- Use the banding wheel to apply the glaze, or brush in a circular direction.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 3 coats of SW-201 Turquoise to the screened areas, and 3 coats of SW-124 Matte Maycoshino to the centers of the plates and teapot, rim edge and backside, minus the feet. Less of this glaze will produce a tanner color.
- The Mug is glazed with SW-124 Matte Maycoshino on the handle and upper flared section, SW-201 was thinned and poured to the inside, with 3 coats of SW-201 Turquoise on the outside. Also pour the thinned mixture to the inside of the teapot to coat pouring out through the spout to coat. Be sure the inside is fully coated, but not clogging the spout.
- Clean off the bottoms and fire to cone 6.